Sunday, January 18, 2009

Home again, home again

Well, we made it there safely.  We played safely.  And we made it back safely!!  We had so much fun!  All of the kiddos played and seemed to really enjoy each other.  As did us adults.  Good conversation, good riding, good weather and good food!  All of the ingredients for one super fantastic weekend!!  We had such a blast.  We even managed to get all of us out to "the Wall".   We all rode/drove out there and then watched as those who were crazy enough went up the sand mountain appropriately named "the Wall".  Actually, it isn't as scary as it used to be.  I think the years of people visiting and playing in all that sand has worn it down.  I, personally, haven't been up since last March.  But, I wasn't up for it yesterday.  Jeff did take each one of the kids up though.  Totally illegal, I know.  All of the kids had such a great time playing out there, it was nice.  Usually within a few minutes of being out there, they are ready to head back to camp or to go do "something fun"!  But they ran around and played like mad.  I don't know who's idea it was (though I am pretty sure it was Megan's) but, they all climbed there way up the Wall.  It was too cute. ( I got some pics on Jake's camera.  I will see if he can email them to me.  )  They looked like a line of ants.  Even Tawna made it up.  She is a tougher chic than I, it definitely would've killed me. But she did it!  I even got to watch Jeff on a dirt bike.  I watched with mixed feelings.  It was awesome to see him ride (it's been all about quads since I've known him), but at the same time scary because I know that they are so much more dangerous.  But, he looked awesome and seemed to enjoy it, I think.  All in all, it was amazing!  We missed those who weren't there, but we will have a great trip in February too.  I will post pics soon!  Glad that we made it back safely!!  There was that part where Justin & Becky's rail lost a tire, but no one got hurt, it simply fell off (while she was driving it)!  Scary!  She handled it like the pro she is though.  Good times, good times.

6 comments:

Taya said...

Sounds like fun! We are glad there were no casualties! I always worry when Mom calls me from the dunes because I know it means a crash or something! We are excited for the adult trip in February...heck, we're excited for any trip these days!!! We will be so happy to spend some time with everyone and get a little break together!

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

Sounds like tons and tons of fun! Next time we're in AZ we are gonna tag along!

Rushele said...

FUN!!!
Sometimes I wish we had the means to buy quads and all those sorts of toys and go play!!
We've gone with friends and their toys a few times, and we always have fun.
Too bad we're boring people with no money....
Glad you all enjoyed it and got back safely!!

Lacey said...

Hey Jade, Lacey here. I wondered if you had been watching American Idol at all. Well, in case you haven't we were watching last night and it is almost over and the last contestant they are showing audition comes on and they announce his name, Kai(sp) Kalama. As soon as I heard the name I had to pause and think. I thought isn't that the guy who's family was camping with us on the beach years ago? I couldn't believe it, it was so wierd to see him again. He did really good and made it to Hollywood, so if you haven't watched yet make sure you tune into Hollywood week and hopefully get to see him.

Our Grand Central Station said...

Yes, it is always a good trip when we all arrive, have fun and get home safely. We had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all you and Mom did to help make it a great trip! Fun traveling with you and Jeff, I think that I could definitely get use to being chauffered to Buttercup!